Add Pattern Lock In Windows 8 and Windows 7
Are you getting bored with your windows default password system Or Want to try something new like pattern lock which is used by all smartphone users.
You can use same pattern lock for your Windows 8, Windows 7 Windows XP . There are two third party software available for using pattern lock in Windows. I am going to explain both of them with their Pros and cons and how to use pattern pattern lock for windows.
Note >>This is not going to make any changes to your default Windows locking system.
#1 – EUSING MAZE LOCK PATTERN LOCK FOR WINDOWS 8, 7 AND XP.
It is simple and free software which will help you to use pattern lock instead of password lock in your windows. you have to just download and install it on your computer or laptop and you will get awesome an lockscreen like your smartphone pattern lock.
#2 – XUS PATTERN LOCK FOR WINDOWS 8, 7 AND XP
It is similar to Eusing maze lock for installing pattern lock but unlike Eusing maze lock it has two version Paid and free. You can try its trail version or buy it for $19 dollars. The only one difference i found in Eusing maze lock and XUS Pattern lock is XUS lock has Advanced tab in setting which offers some features. you can also advanced tab in picture above.
PROS OF PATTERN LOCK FOR WINDOWS (BOTH)
- »You can use pattern from 3*3 or 4*4 or 5*5
- »You can set alarm on Incorrect login attempts.
- »Compatible with Windows 8,7 and XP too.
- »You can backup your pattern in Image.
- »You can set alert message.
- »You can set timer for auto-lock your windows
- »You can lock your keyword
- »You can stop access to Internet when locked
- »You can change background image of lock screen and add effects too.
CONS OF PATTERN LOCK IN WINDOWS (BOTH)
1. Unlocking timings are fast means if you pause a little when unlocking then it will consider first swipe as entry. but it happens rarely.
2. If you forgot the password you have to boot your PC in safe mode and then uninstall Eusing Maze Lock.
3. You will not get any high security when you will use Eusing Maze Lock, anyone can uninstall it by booting in safe mode and even it does not have any protection from being uninstalled.
Note the only difference i found in Eusing maze lock and XUS pattern lock is there is Advanced tab in XUS’s Setting.
Pattern lock for Windows is only beneficial for Touch screen laptop and PC there is no use of this type of lock system in PC without touch, But if you want something change you can use it. You have to use your mouse to draw pattern if your PC is not touchscreen Instead you can type password faster with keyboard. Another reason to not use it because it is less secure than Windows default password system even a normal computer geek can access your computer. I would not recommend this if you need high security.