How to Bypass the Mobile Password
Did you forget the pattern to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone? No problem! It happens to the best of us and that’s one of the reasons that Google has built a way to remove it for those of you who have made an honest mistake and simply forgotten the password. Android has a built-in feature that lets you unlock and bypass the pattern lock screen security even if you have forgotten what the pattern was on your Galaxy S4.
We’ve provided three different methods below with step-by-step instructions. Check them out and let us know which one works best for you. If you’ve stolen a device and are trying to remove the password to gain access… don’t bother asking us for help. These methods are for the legitimate owners of the S4 smartphone and you’ll need to know the Google account and password to bypass the screen lock. With that being said, let’s get on with the lesson!
- Try to guess the pattern several times.
- After about 5 incorrectly drawn patterns it will lock you out and tell you to try again later.
- But you will now notice that on the bottom right of the screen you now have the option to select “Forgot Pattern”.
- Click “Forgot Pattern” button.
- Enter your Google account Username and Password that you use on the device.
- Click “Sign In”.
- You’ll now have the ability to Draw a NEW unlock pattern for your Galaxy S4.
- Draw the new unlock pattern (make sure to remember it this time!)
- Click “Confirm” on bottom right
- That’s it! You should now be on the home-screen of your Android device with a new unlock pattern set.
This utility will bypass the lock screen and reset/remove your screen lock password, pattern or PIN. No rooting required! This app requires your Galaxy S4 to be online and registered to your Google account. This technique has been confirmed to work for thousands of users already, but it does not work for every device type and configuration so your results may vary.
1) Unplug the charger from your device.
2) Login to the web based Google Play Store using your computer. [Market Link]
3) Using the Web Market, install this “Screen Lock Bypass” app to your registered device. [Market Link]
4) Once installed, plug your charger into the device to activate the bypass.
5) Once bypassed you will see an “Activate” button. Click it, and your screen lock will be reset.
If the app does not work for you it could be that your version of Android is not compatible with this technique or you have a custom lock screen which cannot be bypassed. Some users have reported that installing another random app via the web market AFTER installing the “Screen Bypass” app made it start working for them. So I thought I would mention that in case the steps above did not work for you. Best of luck to all of you!
WARNING: This third method should be done as a LAST resort as this method will DELETE all of your data off the Galaxy S4 and return it back to Factory Settings. You have been warned! A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloaded content, ringtones, images, apps, and contacts. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.
Master reset with hardware keys
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
- Volume Up key
- Home key
- Power key.
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.