How to Root Android Phones without PC – Ultimate Guide
What is Root?
Root is a binary or we can say su binary which is one installed in your android mobile, than you can access all files of your android mobile, In other words, you will get instant access to all parts of your mobile, whether they are parts of your firmware or your hardware. In this post, we have shared working root without pc or computer methods so that you can root android without computer. To simplify android rooting process, we have give description of each apk which can root android without computer.
Advantages of Rooting your Android Phone
Rooting your android mobile has several advantages, but here we are listing some of the best advantages, you will get after rooting your android mobile. So, if you have prepared your mind to root android without computer, then you must be aware of disadvantages and advantages of rooting android mobile. So, before rooting your android phone make sure that you have read both advantages and disadvantages.
- Access all files of your mobile, whether they are present in the root directory of your storage or enywhere else, by giving root permissions, you can Edit or Delete any system file.
- Increase your mobile performance by over clockocking it, by changing the frequency of CPU of your android mobile, by which you can easily speed up your android mobile without any problem.
- Even, you can increase battery life, by under clocking CPU of your android mobile, which will let your phone battery for long time.
- Can install the several custom rom to change feel of your android version like CyanogenMod or AOSP or Eye Candy ROM MIUI which can change the feel off whole android device usage.
- Can upgrade android version of your mobile using custom rom like CM11 or CM12 or any other rom. There are tons of custom rom available now a days like MIUI, Carbon ROM etc.
- Can access some of the best apps which you can use after rooting it only.
- Internal Memory can also be increased after rooting your android mobile, as you can swap your internal, as well as memory card without any problem, , just by edit vold.fstab file in the root directory which can be accessed once you root your android mobile.
Disadvantages of Rooting your Android Phone
Every thing in this world, which has advantages has its disadvantages also, so here we are listing some of the disadvantages of rooting your android mobile. After reading advantages of rooting android mobile without computer, if you have made your mind to root without pc using these apk, then you must read these disadvantages also.
- Your phone might hard brick: It sounds awkward but it’s truth. Process of rooting android mobile is very risky and has to be done with very caution. As, on wrong step in rooting your android phone might cause hard brick. That’s the reason that I do not recommend newbies to root their android mobile.
- There may be data loss in the process of rooting your mobile: Yea! You heard that right. Rooting your android mobile can create data loss. As in the process of rooting android mobile some steps like hard resetting the whole mobile is included sometime, so team of Dreamy Tricks recommends you to take backup at least so that if you lost your data in process of rooting your android mobile, you can get it back anytime.
- Warranty of your android mobile is killed, when you root it: This is one of main reason that most of guys decides to keep their android phone unrooted as they can not take risk with warranty of their android mobiles. Though, you can unroot your android mobile anytime to get your warranty back. (We will discuss about it later in this post).
- You might face random reboots: This is my personal experience guys as last time, When I was installing a custom ROM in my android mobile I was facing random reboots and apps crashes as well.
- There is a loss of privacy as well, as third party ROMS and apps can misuse of root permissions. As, process of rooting your android mobile includes adding of third party apps which is a bit risky.
Benefits of using these apps to root android without pc
There are many benefits to rooting your android without a computer, Even its comparatively very safe also to root your mobile without using PC or laptop.Some of the benefits are listed below of rooting your android mobile without laptop:
- No need of PC, computer or Laptop.
- Comparatively safer.
- Almost no chance of any bricking of your device.
- Low chances of data loss.
So, I think We have provided you all brief details of advantages of rooting android mobile and it’s disadvantages as well. Now, We will show you How to Root Android Phones without Computer?
Method #1. Root Android Phones without Computer Using Kingo Root
Kingo Android Root has launched its APK Root for Android, which provides a universal one-click Android root solution for Android users. It is easy to use and saves the trouble to connect to PC via USB cable.
Before jumping into the rooting process, please make sure you get everything right beforehand.
- Device powered on.
- At least 50% battery level.
- Internet connection necessary (Wi-Fi network suggested).
- Allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
Root Android Without PC Step by Step – With Kingo Android Root
Step 1: Free download KingoRoot.apk.
You can directly download this apk file to your Android device by clicking the link above and then install it.
If Chrome has warned you about KingoRoot.apk, click “OK” to proceed.
If you are using PC to view this tutorial, you have three choices.
- You can use the PC Version of Kingo Android Root , which has a higher success rate.
- You can visit APK Root for Android on your mobile and download the file on your device.
- You can download KingoRoot.apk on your PC, transfer it to your Android device and then find the file via File Explorer and install it.
Step 2: Install KingoRoot.apk on your device.
If you didn’t check “Unknown Sources” in Settings > Security, then during installation, you will get a prompt “Install blocked”, stating that “For security, your phone is set to block installation of apps obtained from unknown sources”. Just follow phone instructions and install Kingo Root on your device.
Step 3: Launch “Kingo ROOT” app and start rooting.
Kingo Root is very user-friendly and easy to use. Click “One Click Root” to start the rooting process.
Step 4: Waiting for a few seconds till the result screen appear.
Step 5: Succeeded or Failed.
Method #2. Root Android Phones without Computer Using FramaRoot.
Framaroot: This is the top-most app which comes on Rank 1 when we talk about rooting any phone without PC. This apk is listed on #2 in the list of apk to root without pc.This app has rooted most of the devices which support their algorithm.This app is a must try for every phone. Root android phone one click by using these apk to root without pc.
Framaroot allows you to root your android mobile easily without any kind of problem. This app even allows to root android without PC or Computer. Follow below methods to root your android mobile via Framaroot.
Steps to root without pc using Framaroot:
- Download Framaroot from above links which we have provided already.
- Install APK in your android phone and Open Framaroot from app drawer now.
- Simply, Click on Boromir and Wait until It does not show Su Installed successfully.
In case, It shows Exploit failed error, then you have to try any other app to root your android device without a computer.
Method #3. Root Android Phones without Computer Using Universal AndRoot.
About Universal Android Root
Universal Android root: This app is very popular among root apk for purpose of root without pc. Just download these apk and install and you are ready to go. This is one of best app to root your android mobile from app builder Kingroot. If you unable to root your android mobile from above apps, then must give this app a try.
This is one of simplest method to root android mobile safely without the computer. Universal AndRoot is the basic android app which can root almost every device without any kind of problem. It is best Framaroot Alternative. Follow, below method to root android mobile using AndRoot.
Steps to root android without pc using Universal Android Root:
- Just, Download Universal AndRoot from above link.
- Install it in your android mobile. (Make sure you have enabled Unknown Sources in settings).
- Now, Open Universal AndRoot from app drawer.
- Click on Root to begin rooting process.
Note: Before rooting your android phone make sure that you have selected correct Android version. Otherwise, it will not root your android phone.
Method #4. Root Android Phones without Computer Using iRoot.
iRoot: iRoot is one of the best app to root android without computer. iRoot is one of popular apk to root without pc.Its a Chinese app, but there are many mods available of this app in English version. In many, last years, iRoot made a great position in rooting mobile phone without laptop or computer.iRoot is basically new upgraded version of iRoot.
iRoot is new application which can root and unroot android mobile easily without PC. Actually, the popular tool which was known as vRoot has updated its name to iRoot. Follow below steps to root your phone without pc.
Steps to root android phone without computer using iRoot:
- First of all, Download iRoot from above download button.
- Once, you have successfully download iRoot APK file.
- Tap on this file to install it in your android phone.
- So, now you have installed iRoot in your android mobile.
- Open iRoot application in your android phone.
- Tap on I Agree.
- Now, Simply click on Root button in the iRoot app.
- It will root your android phone successfully now.
Method #5. Root Android Phones without Computer Using Z4Root.
Z4 Root: This app is one of the oldest apps to root android without computer without any risk of hard brick of android mobile. This app can root almost every speadtrum chipset device with ease. So, if you owns android phone from manufacturing companies like Lava, Xolo, Micromax, Spice, then you must try this app to root your mobile.
So, We are back with another apps to root android phone without computer. Z4Root can easily root your android phone without pc easily. Just follow below methods to root without pc. Z4Root can easily root devices like Galaxy s, Xperia smartphones.
Steps for root without pc using Z4Root:
- Download Z4Root apk from above download button.
- Install Z4Root APK in your android phone.(Make sure that you have allowed Unknown Sources in Settings).
- Open Z4Root app in your android phone now.
- Click on Root button.
- Wait for couple of seconds to make sure that Z4Root has completed it’s job.
- Now, simply restart your android phone to root it without computer.
If everything worked well, then this apk will do its task of root without pc easily without creating any kind of problem.
Method #6. Root Android Phones without Computer Using Towel Root.
Towel root : Using, Towel root , you can root most of the HTC devices like HTC One M7 without using PC. Just Click on Make it rain after installing this apk. Towel Root has good success rate in rooting android phone without computer. So, you must try Towel Root once to root android without computer.
Recently, We have got many comments that some methods are not working to root their android device. So, We have decided to update this post of root android without computer with some more methods to root without pc. Below app is known as Towel Root and follow below method.
Steps to root android without computer by TowelRoot:
- First of all, Take backup of your android device. So that, if you face any problem you can restore your precious data with ease.
- Download Towel Root from link which is given below.
- Once you have downloaded APK of Towel Root, Install it in your android device. (Make sure that you have allowed unknown sources in Settings).
- Open Towel Root and click on Make it Rain.
- Now, Just wait. It will take some minutes to install Su library in your android device.
Method #7. Root Android Phones without Computer Using Baidu Root.
About Baidu Root
BaiduRoot is one of popular app which is available for both PC and mobile to root android phone. BaiduRoot can root almost every device (According to them, BaiduRoot supports more than 6000 devices currently). Moreover, Baidu Root has its own su permission which is different to SuperSU which is offered by other root APKs available for android phone currently.
Steps to root android phone without computer using Baidu Root:
- Download Baidu Root APK from above button.
- Install APK in your android phone now. (Before installing this APK, make sure you have enabled Unknown sources in settings).
- Open Baidu Root app now.
- Click on Root button now and wait till success bar reaches to 100%.
- Restart your android phone now and look for Baidu Root app in the app drawer now.
If there is Baidu Super user app available in the app drawer, then you have successfully rooted your android phone without computer.
Method #8. Root Android Phones without Computer Using Rooting Toolkit.
Easy rooting toolkit app : This app is one of the most working app to root android without computer PC or laptop. This app can root almost every Sony device easily. Easy rooting toolkit will install busybox and su files in your android mobile as well.
Though, this exploit is patched by most of device manufacturer but still you can give this app a try. Recently, Easy Rooting Toolkit has recently updated their app to V3.0 which has fixed many bugs and has added new devices like Xperia C2 , Xperia Z2 etc.
Steps to root android without pc with Easy Rooting toolkit:
- First of all Download Easy Rooting toolkit apk from above button.
- Now, Install this APK in your android mobile (Make sure Unknown sources is enabled into settings).
- Open app & Click on Root.
- Wait some seconds and when it shows Success message.
- Simply, restart your android mobile to check if you superuser app installed in your app drawer.
Method #9. Root Android Phones without Computer Using Auto Root.
CF Auto root: CF Auto Root is new app to root android without computer or pc easily. This app by Chainfire can root your samsung android mobile without pc easily. As, recently I got many comments that they are not getting success in rooting their Samsung android mobile, So We Dreamy Tricks has added this new app which can root almost all Samsung mobiles. So for what you are waiting for? Try this apk to root without pc now.
Steps to root android without pc using CF Auto Root:
- First of all, Download CF Auto Root apk from above button.
- Install downloaded APK of CF Auto Root in your android mobile now. (Make sure unknown sources is enabled in the settings).
- Once you have successfully installed CF Auto Root, Open it.
- Click on Root my phone button.
After some minutes, restart your android mobile and check whether superuser app is showing in app drawer or not. If Super user app is showing then, you have successfully rooted your android phone.
Method #10. Root Android Phones without Computer Root Master One Click Root.
Root Master One click root is one of effective method to root android without pc easily. If you have tried above method to root your android phone and got no success, then I recommend you to use this method. As, this method is totally free to use. Moreover, many users has got success in rooting their android phone using Root Master One Click Root. Moreover, it is first English APK which can root android phone without computer.
Steps to root without pc using Root Master:
- Download Root Master apk from above button.
- Take backup of your device.
- Install APK in your android phone. (Make sure you have enabled Unknown sources in settings)
- Open Root Master application in your android phone and Click on Tap to root.
- Just wait for some minutes and restart your android phone now.
How to check if device is successfully rooted or not?
To check you succeeded in rooting your android phone without PC or not, you can Use an app popularly known as Root Checker.
So, to check root in your android mobile, simply download Root Checker app from here & Click on Verify Root.