How To Run Two WhatsApp On One Device
METHOD 1: Use Multi-User in Android Lollipop Phones
- Step 1: Add Multi-User in Android Lollipop-Based smartphone. For this, just go to Settings and click on Users and then Add User.
- Step 2: Once after creating a new user, provide complete details to setup a new user account
- Step 3: Switch to the New User by pulling down the notification bar and clicking on New User icon.
- Step 4: Once turned to New User, you will be provided with an all new phone interface with default phone settings.
- Step 5: Now, Install WhatsApp in the New User Mode.
- Step 6: Once WhatsApp is downloaded, enter all the details, and that is it.
METHOD 2: USE SWITCHME TO RUN MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS
- Step 1: Root your Android device.
- Step 2: Make sure that you have WhatsApp app installed on your smartphone.
- Step 3: Install SwitchMe Multiple accounts on your smartphone.
- Step 4: Run SwitchMe Multiple accounts, it will ask for Superuser request that you need to grant.
- Step 5: Now create a user profile with your name in SwitchMe app. This profile will be an administrator account containing all the current apps and settings, and will also reflect your WhatsApp profile that is already installed on your smartphone.
- Step 6: Now create another profile using a different name by tapping on the Create Profile button in SwitchMe app, and then choose the Switch option by selecting this account.
- Step 7: Now your smartphone will restart automatically and once it is ready to use, install official WhatsApp again from Google Play Store and register it for the different phone number. That is it.
METHOD 3: USING OGWhatsApp
- Step 1: Take a complete backup of your WhatsApp data and restore it.
- Step 2: Delete all the WhatsApp data by going to Settings>apps>WhatsApp>Clear Data.
- Step 3: Rename the /sdcard/WhatsApp directory to /sdcard/OGWhatsApp. You can use any file manager for Android to do this task, or from Windows.
- Step 4: Uninstall your original WhatsApp app from your Android device.
- Step 5: Now install OGWhatsApp in your Android smartphone.
- Step 6: Once installed, remember to verify your old number that was previously registered with the original WhatsApp to OGWhatsApp. That is it.
- Step 7: Now re-install the official WhatsApp for your other number from the play store.
Method 3 : OGWhatsApp With Pics
Before going to install OG Whatsapp in your smart phone, you need to perform few actions to your official whatsapp account that is already installed.
Perform below actions before going through OG WhatsApp:
- You should take full back up of your old Whatsapp (which is installed before) messages and data.
- It is mandatory if you don’t want to lose your conversations and pictures etc.
To take back up of your conversations,
- Go to “Settings” and click on “Chat Settings”. There you can see “Backup Chats” option. Tap on that to create a backup of your messages.
- Now, go to “Settings” on your mobile and “clear WhatsApp data”.
- Go to “/SD Card/Whatsapp” folder and rename the folder with “OG WhatsApp”. (Very Important Step)
- Now, uninstall the official Whatsapp application.
- Now, Install OG Whatsapp in your phone.
- It asks your mobile number while installing it. You have to give your old mobile number that you used in Whatsapp official app and click OK. (very Important Step)
- Now, you can use OG Whatsapp account with your old mobile number.
You backed up your conversations didn’t you?. Therefore, you can see them in your new OG Whatsapp account.
Now, for second account,
- Go to Google Play Store and install Official Whatsapp application.
- As usual, Official Whatsapp App asks you to verify your mobile number.
- Here, you have to provide your new mobile number.
That is it. Your mobile is ready with 2 Whatsapp accounts.
I hope you understood it clearly and installed two Whatsapp accounts successfully. If you find any difficulties while installing, please go through the steps once again. Still have doubts? You can contact us through the comment box provided below or the contact page. Our team will try to solve your problems as soon as possible.