MBBS Course – Guide
MBBS Entrance is one of the most competitive entrance in India and here is some useful information for students who aspire to do the MBBS course in India. Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery MBBS is a 4 and half year course and is followed by 1 year compulsory internship.
The course is structured as follows
MBBS Pre Clinical Semester 1 and 2
Includes basic science courses in year one like Anatomy, Bio chemistry, Physiology etc.
MBBS Para Clinical Semester 3-5
Includes subjects like Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, pharmacology, forensic medicine, ophthalmology, NT, medicine, surgery, gynecology, pediatrics etc. , Clinical postings in wards, OPDs to begin here
MBBS Clinical Semester 6-9
Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics;Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology,E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopedics);Clinical postings
Admission to MBBS Course in India
There are many entrances that students can take to get admission in MBBS course. One of the main National enrance exam is the All India Medical entrance conducted by CBSE called AIPMT 2015. This All India Medical Entrance test is conducted for 15% seats of MBBS course in Medical/ Dental Colleges of India and for 100% seats of MBBS course in some participating Universities and states.
The counseling for successful candidates under 15% quota will be conducted by DGHS and participating states/ universities and Institutions. Other than this AIIMS which is the top ranked institute in India, conducts its own national entrance exam.
Although AIPMT 2015 is conducted for 15% seats in Medical colleges, there are some other universities and states that are voluntarily participating in AIPMT 2015 for 100% seats of MBBScourse which are
- Govt. Medical College, Chandigarh (Government College)
- Pt. JNM Medical College, Raipur (Government College)
- Lt. Shri Baliram Kashyap Memorial Medical College, Jagdalpur (Government College)
- Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences, Bilaspur (Government College)
- Lt. Shri Lakhiram Agrawal Memorial Medical College, Raigarh (Government College)
- Chandulal Chandraker Memorial Medical College, Bhilai
- Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Instt. of Medical Science, Rohtak (Government College)
- BPS Govt. Medical College for Women, Khanpur Kalan (Sonepat) (Government College)
- SHK Mewati Govt. Medical College, Nelhar (Mewat) (Government College)
- Maharaja Agrasen Medical College, Agroha (Hisar) (Government Aided College)
- Gold Field Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Vill. Chhainsa, Ballabgarh, Faridabad
- Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla (Government College)
- Dr. R P G Medical College, Tanda (Government College)
- M G M Medical College, Jamshedpur (Government College)
- Patliputra Medical College, Dhanbad (Government College)
- Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi (Government College)
- Chirayu Medical College and Hospital, Bairagarh,Bhopal ( Trust)
- Gajra Raja Medical College, Gwalior (Government College)
- Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal (Government College)
- Index Medical College Hospital & Research Centre,Indore (Trust)
- L.N. Medical College and Research Centre, Bhopal (Trust)
- M G M Medical College, Indore (Government College)
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur (Government College)
- Peoples College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bhanpur, Bhopal (Trust)
- Ruxmaniben Deepchand Gardi Medical College, Ujjain (Trust)
- Bendelkhan Medical College, Sagar (Government College)
- Shri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore (Trust)
- Shyam Shah Medical College, Rewa (Government College)
- Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal* (Government College)
- JNIMS, Imphal (Government College)
- MKCG Medical College, Berhampur, Ganjam (Government College)
- SCB Medical College, Cuttack (Government College)
- V.S.S. Medical College, Burla Distt, Sambalpur (Government College)
- Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Bhubaneswar ( Trust)
- Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Rourkela (Trust)
- Instt. Of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar ( Trust)
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar (Trust)
- Govt. Medical College, Majitha Road, Amritsar (GMC Amritsar) (Government College)
- Govt. Medical College, Sangrur Road, Patiala (GMC Patiala) (Government College)
- Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Sadiq Road, Faridkot (GGSMC) (Government College)
- Dayanand Medical College, Civil Lines, Ludhiana (DMCH, Ludhiana)(Trust)
- Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, VPO Vallah, Amritsar (SGRDIMS&R Amritsar)(Trust)
- Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Barnala Road, Bhatinda (AIMS&R Bhatinda) (Trust)
- Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Village Ram Nagar, Banur, Patiala (GSMC&H, Banur) ( Trust)
- PIMS Medical & Education Charitable Society, Ghara Road, Jalandhar, (PIMS, Jalandhar) (Trust)
- Chintpurni Medical College & Hospital, Village Bungal, Distt. Pathankot (Trust)
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana (CMC Lundhiana) (Trust)
UNIVERSITY OF DELHI
- LHMC, New Delhi (for Girls only) (Government College)
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi (Government College)
- University College of Medical Science, Delhi (Government College)
HAMDARD UNIVERSITY, NEW DELHI
Thus, a very large number of MBBS seats are available for students through this one All India Medical Entrance AIPMT 2015.
There is not much change in the eligibility and pattern of the exam. To be eligible for this MBBS entrance the candidate must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission and the upper age limit is 25 years. The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, chemistry, Biology/ biotechnology and English. The students appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh and J&K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as both these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit an affidavit that they are not eligible to seek admission for MBBS/BDS seats in Medical/ Dental Colleges in the States of Andhra Pradesh and J&K. or they are not domiciled in Andhra Pradesh and J&K.
The candidates from the states of Jammu and Kashmir and Andhra Pradesh can appear in AIPMT for admission to AFMC.
The pattern of AIPMT is as follows: 180 objective type questions from physics, Chemistry and Biology. The duration of the paper is 3 hours. The good thing is that the students can opt for question paper in either English or Hindi language.