25+ WordPress Monetization Plugins For Helping You Make More Money with your blog
Going in 2016, probably the best web monetization strategy is to simply have more than one
bloggers and web publishers are feeling the heat. Thankfully, when it comes to alternate means of revenue generation… there’s no dearth of options. You can choose to sell affiliate products, optimize your existing ad operations, or even sell digital products and content subscriptions using micropayments.
In this post, we cover 30 monetization plugins for WordPress that will help you boost and augment the money you earn from your blog.
Type: Touch based monetization
The WordPress Mobile Gesture Monetization plugin from errnio adds tools to enhance touch gestures on your mobile site and improves UX while generating new channels of monetization in addition to whatever ad setup you may currently have.
The four touch gestures that are activated when you install this plugin include:
- Scroll: When users scroll down your page, errnio displays a mobile search box, which monetizes any outgoing actions. When the users scroll back up the page, it recommends articles from your site to improve navigation and monetization.
- Swipe: Left and right finger actions enable easy browsing of your site content, through a mobile friendly article gallery which promoted your site content, the plugin offers recommended content here to monetize as well.
- Tap: Text selection actions trigger the display of more information about the selected text, along with additional monetization.
- Zoom: errnio enables users to zoom images without distorting your site experience, recommending other images inside the experience, along with added recommendations for monetization.
Type: Interstitial ads
Clk.im monetization plugin offers one of the easiest ways of monetizing your WordPress blog. It’s based on Clk.im interstitial ad network, which deals mainly with links.
The biggest advantage of using Clk.im is that it doesn’t inject any banner ads or popunder windows on your web pages, so your blog visitors are not going to be bombarded with ads that impair their browsing experience.
All you need to do to get started is sign up for Clk.im, install the plugin, and configure it by copy-pasting your public API key which will be available to you after registration.
Type: Revenue Optimization
AdPushup is an automated advanced A/B testing tool that optimizes display ads layout for increased click through rate and higher revenues. Some features include:
- Ad layout optimization
- Visual ad management
- User experience optimization
- Intelligent continuous optimization
- Segmentation and personalization
- Analytics and reporting
- Account managers
Type: Mobile website monetization
AdsOptimal offers innovative ad units that are designed and optimized for mobile sites. Desktop ad units are also available for those who require it.
- Choose from four different ad types such as banner, interstitial, and more.
- Control how frequently the user sees the ad.
- Choose to show the ad only when the user has finished reading your content.
- Take only minutes to install. See your revenue in real time.
- Receive payouts via Paypal or Check.
Type: Revenue optimization
TrenDemon helps you boost revenue, page views, and conversions on your website. Once you set your goal, TrenDemon identifies which posts on your site have the highest impact. Then using personalized content recommendations and call to actions, TrenDemon drives more traffic to those posts and pages automatically.
- Marketers: Increase the ROI of your content marketing automatically, get actionable insights and increase engagement.
- Publishers: Increase monetization, page views, and engagement. Even better, eligible publishers can also monetize on TrenDemon’s Media Exchange Network.
Type: Comment monetization
Vuukle helps your community interact more effectively. Vuukle has also devised a way to monetize the comments section through native advertising. So, it’s a smart commenting system that acts as a revenue source rather than cost. Implementing Vuukle will lead to an increase in internal referral traffic, lowered total bounce rate, an increase in average time spent on page, additional revenue through Vuukle Ad module, and an increase in number user comments.
Type: Mobile web / app monetization
Geenapp is an app promotion platform where you can earn money with each app installation. Here are the available ad options:
- SmartBanner: You can have a banner at the top or bottom of your page to install an app.
- Interstitial: You can show a splash screen with a banner to install an app.
Type: Amazon affiliates
AffiGet Mini is an advanced plugin to remotely add Amazon products to your blog with a single click. AffiGet provides a semi-automatic way to build profitable review sites and to monetize your blog. Here’s how this works:
- While browsing Amazon, you find a product that might be of interest to your readers.
- You click a button, and AffiGet automatically adds a detailed product review to your self-hosted WordPress site.
- Your visitors go to Amazon via a link on your site, and you get 4-10% commissions from all their qualifying purchases.
AffiGet utilizes the official Amazon Product Advertising API; therefore, all product details are always correct and up-to-date.
Type: Amazon affiliates
Still manually searching products and pasting affiliate links? What happens if the products get outdated? With this plugin, you do not have to worry about it. Just pick categories and it will automatically display product links from Amazon.
If you want to search a specific product, you can do that too. If you are good at HTML and CSS coding and know a little about PHP, you can even create your own template.
Type: Amazon affiliates
The Amazon Link Engine plugin is the easiest way to convert all Amazon links within your WordPress site into globalized links that work across all Amazon storefronts. By “localizing” these links, you ensure all clicks from international viewers are redirected to the appropriate item in their own local storefront, thus improving conversions.
In addition, sign up for a Geniuslink account to get access to advanced reporting metrics, as well as the ability to attach your Associates IDs to ensure that you earn the international affiliate commissions that you deserve.
Type: Content recommendation system
Content.ad is a content recommendation platform that helps site owners generate more time-on-site and monetize their content easily and unobtrusively. Content.ad serves billions of impressions across thousands of sites every month. Some key features include:
- Simple Setup: 3-step guided installation gets you creating your first widget in minutes.
- Flexible Styling: A widget creation wizard makes customizing the look and feel of the widget simple and straightforward.
- Performance Driven: State-of-the-art algorithms learn what content is most popular with your users, lowering bounce rates and increasing overall site revenue. Also, since optimization takes place on Content.ad servers and the widget is loaded asynchronously, the plugin doesn’t slow down your site.
- Powerful Options: Free enterprise-level features let you control how the widget integrates into your site and what kind of content appears in it, all without leaving your WordPress admin.
- Rich Reporting: Robust reporting and graphing options to see exactly how well your widgets perform down to the hour.
- Personalized Support: US-based support staff is available to help you properly set up and optimize Content.ad to meet your needs.
CoinTent allows you to drive revenue on your site through paid subscriptions or micropayments. With CoinTent, your visitors can either pay for individual pieces of content or purchase subscription access to your entire site. You can choose what content to sell and for how much (minimum of $0.05).
- Subscriptions & memberships: Sell automatically recurring weekly, monthly, and yearly subscription access. CoinTent handles the payment processing with no merchant account required.
- Micropayments: Sell access to individual articles for as little as 5 cents.
- Analytics: Find out what your readers want. See graphs of your sales, user funnels, and viewers. Export your data to CSV format for further analysis.
- Customize: CoinTent offers easy, customizable, and flexible integration. Create a premium purchase experience that matches your brand.
- Secure and easy Payment: CoinTent focuses on security and privacy in handling payments, preventing fraud, customer service, and account management.
Type: Bitcoin Donations
Block Ads to Bitcoin is a WordPress plugin that allows publishers to monetize unused ad space when ad blockers are on. It turns ads into bitcoin donation solicitations when ad blockers are enabled.
- Supports four ad sizes natively
- Allows customized suggested donation amounts
- Allows customized ad copy
- Supports multiple ad blockers
Tinypass is a simple, powerful plugin that allows any online publisher to easily sell access to any type of content, whether it’s a blog post, a site subscription, a digital download, or even a pay-per-view video. Tinypass can accept payments as small as 2 cents ($0.02), supports 24 currencies, and doesn’t require changing your site’s existing structure or layout.
Any site, large or small, can use Tinypass to easily build a new revenue stream from paid content. And while you’re still free to earn money from advertising anywhere on your site, a simple paid content plan can quickly surpass what you can earn from advertising, even if you’re only selling access to a small percentage of your site’s content.
A simple membership plugin that integrates your site with Memberful. Memberful is a service for selling subscriptions to your website with Stripe. Features include:
- Automatic syncing of your Memberful member data to WordPress.
- Single sign on: Members are automatically signed into WordPress when they sign in to Memberful.
- Create a paywall and restrict access to content. Quickly protect any posts or pages right from your WordPress edit screen.
- A widget with links to sign in and manage your account (update credit card, cancel subscription, etc.).
- Ability to create private RSS feeds
Type: Stripe payments
Full Stripe (Free Edition) is a WordPress plugin designed to make it easy for you to accept payments from your WordPress site. Powered by Stripe, you can embed payment forms into any post or page and take payments directly from your website without making your customers leave for a 3rd party website.
The free edition of WP Full Stripe has the following features:
- Create payment forms to take payments via Stripe.
- Drop payment forms on any page or post with a simple shortcode.
- Choose between set price and donation style payment forms.
- View list of received payment details from within WordPress.
- Choose to send email receipts on successful payment, via Stripe.
- Choose to redirect to a page/post following successful payment.
- Customize forms with extra custom fields, email address, and billing address.
- Ajax style forms with no page redirects to take payments.
- Create multiple versions of payment forms to suit your needs.
Type: Paypal payments
This plugin will allow you to sell products or services on your website using a PayPal Buy Now Button.
You can place a PayPal Buy Now button anywhere on your site where you want to sell something. Your customers can use their PayPal account to pay for your products or services or they can pay by Debit or Credit Card.
What makes this plugin powerful is its simplicity. You don’t have to spend days setting up an eCommerce Solution. Just install the plugin and in just a few minutes customers from around the world can start buying products or services from your website using PayPal.
On the settings page of the plugin you will find clear instructions on how to sign up for a PayPal account if you don’t have one already. The plugin also provides instructions for how to setup a PayPal Sandbox account – which will allow you to setup a fake PayPal buyer and seller account (with fake money) so you can test everything before you start selling to the public.
Type: Paypal payments
The Easy PayPal Digital Downloads WordPress Plugin makes it easy to turn your WordPress site into an eCommmerce website and start selling digital products.
Simply install the plugin, enter your PayPal business information on the settings page, and use the automatic button inserter to place Buy Now buttons on your site.
If you are selling digital goods, this plugin is a must because it keeps customers on your website by opening a popup window where they can pay. This reduces the likelihood of customers leaving during checkout. Unlike most PayPal website integrations that keep customers on your site, no security certificate (SSL) is required.
Type: Amazon Affiliates
The PepFeed Instant Monetization WP plugin detects the product names mentioned on your page’s titles and headers to display the top deals for each gadget. Once installed, no additional setup is required. The plugin matches the product names on each page and it takes effect across all the pages in your website. Some key features include:
- Show deals from world’s leading retailer, Amazon.com
- Include your affiliate tag, you keep 100% of the commissions
- Deals updated regularly and automatically
- The growing database recognizes more than 10,000 different electronic products
- Instantly improve your website with the best deals to complement your reviews
Type: Affiliate Marketing
VigLink automatically pays you when people buy the brands and products you write about. By signing up for VigLink and installing this plugin, you can automatically monetize links to over 30,000 cooperating merchants. VigLink converts ordinary links into monetized links, works on existing links across all of your pages. It even works for links distributed in your RSS feeds.
After you’ve signed up, sign in to viglink.com to check your dashboard for reports on all the clicks leaving your site (data Google Analytics does not offer), giving you insight into where your readers are going, what links are most lucrative, what pages or posts earn the most, and what products people are buying.
VigLink keeps 25% of the revenue for the service. Existing affiliate links are not touched and you benefit from the maximum compensation possible for your traffic. When clicks leave your site, you are creating value. VigLink is the easiest and most complete way to measure and capture that value.
Type: Content Recommendation
This plugin enables WordPress users to easily integrate Taboola’s content recommendation widgets on their site. Generate direct revenue by surfacing Taboola’s high quality sponsored content recommendations.
Type: Affiliate Marketing
Affilizr offers you an automatic conversion of “standard” product links into affiliate links. Affilizr creates links in an automated manner, so this is a time saving and an optimal monetization strategy. Affilizr works with around twenty affiliate marketing platforms and thousands of retail websites.
In addition, you can have a look to all your statistics (clicks, sales, revenue…) through the Affilizr dashboard.
Type: Ad Network
This plugin will automate adding Chitika ads to your blog posts. Chitika Ads will show your blog viewers targeted ads and are compatible with AdSense.
Chitika provides its network of over 350,000 publishers with online monetization solutions for both web and mobile sites. They specialize in delivering highly relevant, search-targeted ads, drawn from an extensive network of quality advertising partners including Yahoo!, SuperPages, and Yellowbook.
Choose the ad unit that best fits your site’s content and audience. Choose traditional search-targeted text and display ads, optimize for your mobile users, or choose from our family of apps that includes Chitika Linx (in-text ads) and Hover (“sticky” scroll ads).
Type: Affiliate Marketing
Skimlinks takes away all the effort usually associated with affiliate marketing, working behind-the-scenes and earning you commissions from the valuable links you include in your posts.
- Easy to install: Add the Skimlinks plugin and instantly monetize untapped links on your blog
- SkimLinks and SkimWords integration: Easily control the Skimlinks products you use from your publisher interface
- Earn from your RSS feed: Monetize more activity on your blog when users click on an external link in your RSS feed, Skimlinks automatically turns these into affiliate links
- Earn more: Join a network of over 8,000 merchants and turn more links in your content into their equivalent affiliate link so you can earn more commission
- Increase your click-through rates: Links are turned into affiliate links only when they are clicked, so they don’t look suspicious to your users
Type: Affiliate Marketing
YieldKit is a meta affiliate network, through which you get direct access to more than 10,000 partner programs.
YieldKit converts keywords such as product names, brands or shop names as well as product links into affiliate links. You decide the intensity with which keywords are converted into affiliate links.
Some features of YieldKit include:
- Fully automatic and revenue optimized monetization of your content
- Access to more than 10,000 affiliate programs with only one registration
- No more time-consuming research, registration and long waiting time for partner programs
- Can be combined easily with other marketing programs
- Fair revenue share and no investment on publishers’ side
Type: Ad Management
embAD Embed and control ads in your site using a powerful yet simple drag & drop interface , which will give you the ability to scale advertisement and position ads almost anywhere on your site. So you’ll be able to place advertisements in your site with simplicity and ease.
- Simple integration, no messy configuration… advertising with ease
- Place and forget, Place an advertisement in one page and embAD will fit it to your theme in other pages on your site
- Easy to use
- No coding needed
Type: Ad Network
Established in 2008, RevenueHits ad serving technology delivers more than 2 billion impressions daily to a growing clientele of thousands of publishers, across the world.
RevenueHits enables WordPress publishers to easily improve revenues for their WordPress websites and blogs. The ad types on offer include:
- Text ads: Regular and contextual text ads, which can be integrated with other formats in your site, or can stand on its own.
- Pop-ups/unders: By adding pop-ups/unders to your site/app, you will boost your revenue immediately.
- Apps & widgets: You can make money not only from your site but even from your apps or widgets and mobile traffic.
Type: E-commerce integration
The WordPress Shopping Cart plugin gives you the ability to quickly and seamlessly integrate an online shop with a fully functional shopping cart into any WordPress website.
This plugin make use of different payment gateways and shipping methods which make it easy for your customer to order products safe online. It automatically sent invoices to your client which include shipping, tax and handling fee.
With this plugin you can specify tax and currencies for different countries. You can link your suppliers to the shopping cart, which help with speeding time of delivery of products.
Type: Ad management
Ad Injection injects any kind of advert or other content (e.g. Google AdSense, Amazon Associates, ClickBank, TradeDoubler, etc) into the existing content of your WordPress posts and pages. You can control the number of adverts based on the post length, and it can restrict who sees adverts by post age, visitor referrer and IP address.
Advertisements can be configured in the post (random, top, and bottom positions) or in any widget/sidebar area. There’s support for split testing, ad rotation, and support for dynamic restrictions (by IP address and referrer).